TERMS AND CONDITIONS – Studio Hire
Clients acknowledges that they are freely entering into a legally binding agreement with Sugar Apple Studio. Upon payment of hire fee and bond the client agrees and accepts the below terms & conditions.
The agreement consists of the following terms and conditions:
- Clients acknowledge that they have discussed studio hire requirements with Sugar Apple Studio and the desired inclusions have been chosen and a total cost has been given. This contract overrides any other previous agreements or promises of services.
- Clients understand and are clear on what will be delivered by Sugar Apple Studio as part of this services agreement
- Sugar Apple Studio agrees to reserve the hire date of the clients choosing, subject to availability. In the event that there is more than one booking vying for the same date, the clients acknowledge that Sugar Apple Studio secures bookings on a first come, first served basis.
- Clients agree that all hire and personal information provided, pertaining to the hire and client details, is accurate. Sugar Apple Studio will not use this information for any purpose other than to provide the services outlined in this agreement and in future marketing and promotional activities. Sugar Apple Studio will not be liable for failure to deliver agreed services if information received is incorrect leading to Sugar Apple Studio being unable to deliver the agreed requirements of hire.
- Clients agrees and acknowledges that Sugar Apple Studio will only provide services as per requirements.
- Clients acknowledges that it is their responsibility to notify Sugar Apple Studio of any change of details, such as schedules and other requirements. Sugar Apple Studio cannot be held responsible for not providing services as stated in the services proposal if Sugar Apple Studio has not been notified of changes of details in writing prior to hire. Changes may also incur additional costs depending on changes requested.
- The agreed hire period is as per the invoice supplied to the clients, unless agreed post the issue of the invoice. If Sugar Apple Studio is required beyond the agreed hours of usage, clients agree to pay a fee of $100 per hourly blocks. Overtime fees are to be deducted from Bond payment. If there is another booking following your booking, OT will not be permitted. If additional equipment is required on the day for hire, this will also be deducted from the bond.
- Any cancellation notices greater than 7 days prior to booking date will incur a 50% cancellation fee and a full refund of bond. Any cancellation notice less than 7 days will incur a 100% cancellation fee and a full refund of bond.
- Clients agree that Sugar Apple Studio will not be held responsible for any damage to client property or client injury that occurs during studio hire, whether it be a direct or indirect consequence of the actions of Sugar Apple Studio
- The client must ensure that their own public liability insurance is operative for all persons in the studio during the hours of hire to cover any accidents, injuries or death.
- Clients agree and acknowledge that in an unforeseen event where the studio premise is no longer available due to damage or other incidents, Sugar Apple Studio will not be responsible or liable for any inconvenience/damages/penalties incurred to the client.
- The studio has 24/7 on premise surveillance as part of safety and security. Client accepts this as condition of hire. No footage is made publicly available unless in the event of a criminal act/offence whereby footage will be provided to police or insurance companies as required.
- Any minors in the studio must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The Studio prohibits any consumption of alcohol or illegal substances. Any illegal activities\offence will be reported to the police.
Client agrees that upon purchasing a membership package, included hires are only valid for use within a 12 month period from the date of purchase.
Un-used sessions are not allowed to be rolled over, transferred, nor are sessions able to be split into half day sessions.
Overtime/Additional Time Fees are still in effect. Membership Packages are made up of Full Day Hire sessions which means the studio is available to the client from a start time of 9am to 5pm. Any time spent outside of these hours incurs the OT/AT fee of $100 per hour, with a minimum of 1 hour charge.
- Membership Packages do not come with any included equipment, except for a standard beginner Elinchrom 2 light kit, 2x66cm square softboxes, 1x90cm octabox, and 2 industrial clothes racks.
- The client agrees and understands that a full payment is required to secure confirmation of studio hire.
- The client agrees that if the date of studio hire requires to be changed, a rebooking fee of $75 will be incurred. This is also subject to availability of chosen dates
- Full bond of 50% will be required as part of the booking fee. Bond will be refunded upon return of studio in original condition of hire. All studio hire will be accompanied with a studio hire form stating equipment hire and studio condition. All terms and conditions are legally binding.
- Bond will be refunded within 5 business days.
- Client acknowledges and agrees, that any damage incurred during studio hire will be at Hirer’s expense. Any costs incurred to repair damage/replace lost/broken equipment will be deducted from the bond. If the bond does not sufficiently cover the damage/loss/breakages, the hirer will be legally liable for any damages and cost incurred.
- Clients accept and acknowledge responsibility to return studio in original condition of hire. Client accepts they are responsible for cleaning up the studio and clients are to remove all rubbish from the premises. Otherwise a cleaning fee of $100 will be deducted from Bond.
Important General Rules and Housekeeping
- Any rubbish brought into the studio space by the client, must be disposed of in the bin provided in the kitchenette.
- The client acknowledges that any dishes (mugs, glasses, plates, etc) that are used during the time of hire, it is their responsibility to clean up after themselves.
- If excessive debris is brought into the studio (styrofoam, packing pellets, cardboard, powder/flour, etc.) there is a supplied broom/dustpan accessible to help the client clean up after themselves.
- Failure to do any of the above incurs the $100 cleaning fee which is deducted from Bond.
- No one, for any reason, is to stand, walk, or place any objects on the curved surface of the CYC. By not following this guidline, you risk damage and replacement fees.
- The Client has access to the studio from the agreed time slots of their hire, any time outside of those hours incur the Additional/Overtime Fee of $100 p/hourly blocks.